BMW N55 / N54 Built Engine Program
$ 3,500.00 was $ 5,000.00
This product is currently sold out.
MMP Built engine program is here to upgrade your engine for a stock rebuil to up to 1400whp capability with closed deck and darton sleeves.
Now supporting N55 engine builds!
engine comes with a 2yr unlimited mile warranty. This is a big value and something many others don’t provide.
The stock N54 engine starts to see its limitation at the low 700s whp. Many that have boosted thier engine to 750WHP+ have eventully failed thier engine either due to a bent rod or failed ringland in the piston. These are the two most common engine failures on the N54. The stock rods are good for about 650wtq max before bending and the stock ringlands to about 750whp max before cracking and failing. There is also an inherent weakness in the N54 block design in that it is an open water jacket deck design on the block. This mean the cylinders are free to flex out at the top under higher stresses from bog boosted applications. This limitation also shows up in the 700whp+ range with cylinders egg-shaping in thier wear pattern until eventually the rings don't seal well on the pistons anymore and the engine is shot. This is speaking generally on failures, of course there are many other types of failures and exceptions on the N54 but geenrally the expiriance on the N54 platform in the last few years has shown this trend from tracking many big single turbo builds with stock motors on facebook BMW groups and the forums
If you want to hold big power reliably up to 1000whp+, you need to upgrade the engine. The stock engine comes with forged rods, forged crank, and eutectic cast pistons. The rods, even though forged and not a super strong cross section which is why they bend at high HP and not break.The forged crank has not met its limit yet in all the big HP builds. The eutectic cast pistons crack and fail often the ringlands in high HP applications.
The basic MMP built engine package for $3500 includes the following (other sell this for $5000-$6000, so MMP is by far the best value).
- New King bearings and new performance piston rings
- cylinder bore and hone with custom torque plate, bedplate torqued up, head gasket, and studs
- deck block
- balance rotating assembly
- block flush and cleaning
- all new gaskets
- new hardware that is one time use replacement hardware as specified by BMW
- Bore and honing cylinders in block
- Bed alignment and torquing with alignment jig
- Custom Ring gapping
- bearing clearance measurements
- Full long block with head assembly with special tools from BMW and torquing
- Engine timing
- compression test
- leakdown test
- 100% inspection of all components. If something is found to have an issue and was expected to be reused, the customer will be contacted to approve the additional part cost.
Options can be added to the build for higher HP applications
- JE forged pistons
- Low friction coated rod and main bearings, lowers bearing temp and higher revs, this coating makes the bearings last much longer and are used extensively in hard racing applications, has even helped some finish races even with low or no oil pressure!
- Coated pistons uses the same low friction coating on the piston skirt as on the bearings that contact rides the cylinder wall and then ceramic coated on top for higher thermal efficiency in the combustion chamber, a great upgrade for anyone looking for the most out of their engine.
- MMP closed deck block insert installed - includes CNC machining the block and the CNC machine block insert, installing the insert into the block, and decking the block. this is also available seperatly a la cart for $1800
- Custom ARP 2000 Head studs
- Darton 130ksi Cylinder Sleeves
- ported Head, fully rebuilt - includes everything detailed here https://mmp-e.com/collections/products/products/mmp-n54-ported-and-polished-head
- Ferrea valves - this include high end racing valves, stiffer springs for higher rpm and retainers with keepers. Valves are .5mm oversized to increase flow. All the technical info on how great these valves are is too much to repeat here but can be found at this link. https://www.ferrea.com/tech_tips.php
- there is also a engine swap program where we build you an engien from one of our cores, charge you a core fee, you get the complete engine, then you send us yours back within 30 days and get a full core fee refund.
- Shipping engines using uship app costs about $150-200 anywhere in the US to texas where we are located, one way.
The basic engine package is good for a blown stock motor that needs to be fixed because it has a blown piston or bent rod and will be rebuilt and run in the low 700s whp range. If you want to run 750-1000whp, you need to add the forged rods, ARP head studs, and closed deck. the darton sleeves is if you want a 1000whp++ engine. the ported heads gains 30% more flow about 50CFM more per cylinder at 1psi pressure drop, good for about 10% more engine power at the same boost at higher power levels.